Trip Guidelines: Updated: 5/12/21
In developing operational guidelines for the 2021 season, we are following the recommendations of the CDC, medical professionals, the State of Idaho, and the U.S. Forest Service. No matter how diligent our efforts, it is impossible to ensure that a river trip will be 100% free of sources of infection.
Current Covid Measures
We are a company that is committed to offering an exceptional wilderness trip down the Middle Fork Salmon River. We take your trust in us very seriously. Here’s what you can expect on our trips this year:
- All plans will closely follow the Idaho Governor’s Reopening Guidelines, and our actions will be fluid as we continue to monitor the reopening requirements. If we anticipate any important changes or must modify a trip for any reason, our office staff will update all guests.
- Face Masks or Buffs: We will not be requiring guests to wear masks on the river, at the pre-trip meeting, or in camp, however, we recommend bringing a face mask or buff in case it is needed.
- Vaccines: All of the IRJ crew has been vaccinated. We strongly encourage all guests to be vaccinated as well. We respect vaccinations as a personal choice and do not require that everyone be vaccinated.
- Personal responsibility: An important takeaway in managing COVID-19 was the effort by everyone to be personally responsible for safely traveling to and from Idaho, and monitoring oneself during a trip. We ask that if you have been exposed or feel any COVID-19 symptoms, before, during, or after your trip, please let our staff know. Having transparent communication is something that’s necessary for the health of our communities, guides, and guests.
- Sanitation: IRJ takes great pride in maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in wilderness environments. Multiple no-touch hand washes and sanitation stations will be dispersed among our camps and at places of interest on the river.
- Respect: One of the immense joys of a Middle Fork Salmon trip is stepping out of our familiar routines and confines, and opening ourselves to different experiences. By respecting our fellow guests and guides, and recognizing everyone’s different levels of comfort, we can comfortably and safely share this wonderful experience of rejuvenating in a pristine wilderness surrounded by friends and family.
The procedures are based on common-sense efforts to mitigate the risk or spread of COVID-19 on a trip. By working together we can manage this new risk to the best of our abilities. We appreciate the support of new and returning guests alike, who have continued to show understanding as we navigate the changes in our industry and society. We look forward to having you join the IRJ crew on the Middle Fork Salmon.
We highly recommend purchasing trip insurance. Please protect your investment in your vacation with trip insurance. For more information on the recommended plans or to enroll, view the details online or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 800-228-9792 and reference our Location Number: 05-0917 and company, Idaho River Journeys.
Should you have to cancel your trip, deposits, payments, and final payments are non-refundable. We highly recommend travel insurance to protect your travel investment. If you cancel, we do not give refunds or credit for future trips. Our cancellation policy is firm and we can not make exceptions. We operate under federal regulations, which restrict the number of guests per trip and the number of trips per season. If you cancel, try to find someone to take your place. Replacement guests you provide are welcome with no cancellation fee.