Trip Guidelines: Updated: 5/26/20
The crew at Idaho River Journeys is looking forward to having you join us on the Middle Fork of the Salmon this season. In developing operational guidelines for the 2020 season we are following the recommendations of the CDC, medical professionals, the State of Idaho, the Forest Service and adopting many of the emerging common practices of the domestic and international outfitter and guiding industry as it responds to COVID-19.
All plans will closely follow the Idaho Governors Reopening Guidelines, and our actions will evolve as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation.
- Before and after every trip, Idaho River Journeys guides will conduct a self-check for COVID-19 symptoms.
- As part of our registration process, guests will be screened for COVID-19 indications two to four days prior to our pre-trip meeting.
- IRJ has established enhanced sanitation procedures at our warehouse using a Hotsy Powerwash system to disinfect gear with high pressured hot water (up to 240 degrees), followed by spraying down the equipment with Vital Oxide, a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Equipment provided for use by guests will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- River gear will be labeled so that guests can use the same items throughout the trip including tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, waterproof duffels, and life jackets.
- Transport and air taxi companies will disinfect their buses or planes before guests and guides arrive.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to maintain social distancing during transportation, but it is recommended to have a mask or buff available.
- While on a trip, Idaho River Journeys will offer a variety of boat options to provide guests the ability to spread out on the rafts.
- Opportunities for no-touch handwashing and sanitization will be available to guests and guides at key points throughout trips, including multiple no-touch handwashing stations at camp and high-use areas.
- Campsites will be organized to promote social distancing.
- The IRJ crew will follow strict food handling protocols when packing food and preparing meals.
The procedures are based on common-sense efforts to mitigate the risk or spread of COVID-19 on a trip and by working together we can manage this new risk to the best of our abilities. We appreciate the support of new and returning guests alike, who have continued to show understanding as we navigate the changes in our industry and society. It is this wonderful connection between our guests, office staff, and guides that reminds us why we do what we do, and our goal first and foremost is to offer a wilderness experience that we’re all craving. We look forward to having you join the IRJ crew on the Middle Fork of the Salmon.
We highly recommend purchasing trip insurance. Please protect your investment in your vacation with trip insurance. For more information on the recommended plans or to enroll, view the details online or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 800-228-9792 and reference our Location Number: 05-0917 and company, Idaho River Journeys.
Should you have to cancel your trip, deposits, payments, and final payments are non-refundable. We highly recommend travel insurance to protect your travel investment. If you cancel, we do not give refunds or credit for future trips. Our cancellation policy is firm and we can not make exceptions. We operate under federal regulations, which restrict the number of guests per trip and the number of trips per season. If you cancel, try to find someone to take your place. Replacement guests you provide are welcome with no cancellation fee.