MIDDLE FORK CHARTERS and DISCOUNTS
A Middle Fork river vacation with IRJ is an exhilerating way to enjoy the company of friends and family in a beautiful wilderness setting. With a span of activities that will please everyone, our carefully planned itineraries will create lifetime memories for your party. By booking a group trip now, you will enjoy the anticipation that comes from looking forward to a genuine vacation that will be celebrated by everyone. You can reserve a launch date by calling us at 1-208-756-8116
Idaho River Journeys offers only twelve to fourteen Middle Fork trips a season. Trips are limited to thirty participants including guides. Thanks to repeat bookings and referrals from past guests, nearly all our trips go out full. If you are looking to charter a trip or bring a group, call us as soon as possible to block seats for your party. Exclusive private charters on prime Middle Fork launches, June 12 through August 17, require payment for 23 spaces. Middle Fork charters outside of these dates require a minimum payment for 16 guests. Late season fly-fishing charters can be arranged for groups of 8 or more. To charter a Middle Fork date we require a deposit of $10,000 at the time of reservation. We will need the names of all participants and a second and third deposit of $10,000 at dates to be determined by our office. The balance for a charter is due 90 days prior to departure. You can arrange for your Middle Fork charter group trip to meet in Stanley, Boise, Ketchum/Sun Valley or Salmon. We will provide trip details specific to your group.
Groups of 10 or more booking at one time earn a 10% discount from our regular adult rates. Student and youth rates are not discounted. Lodge and air shuttle costs included in our rates are not discounted. To qualify, the group must be booked as one party and payment of the deposit and balance must be made in the form of a single check, no individual payments. Fly-fishing trips are not eligible for discounts but can be reserved exclusively for parties of 8 or more.
VACATIONING WITH FAMILY and FRIENDS
Tips for Organizing a Perfect Charter Trip
- Call us for info on dates available for charter. Our trips book early so you may have to look at dates a season out.
- Reserve a date. Talk to Mary about pricing, charter discounts, deposit and final payment options.
- Figure out all costs. Pre and post-trip lodging, meals, guide gratuity. Be ready to answer questions from folks in your party.
- Anticipate possible cancellations. It is good to have a wait list.
- Plan post trip stuff. Perhaps dinner with the whole group. Share memories and photos.
- Assembling the evening before your trip. Where will you meet the evening before departure? We usually meet in Stanley but other options are available to charter groups.
- Focus on the trip details. Pre-trip meeting plans, pre-trip dinner etc. It may be helpful to have IRJ prepare details specific to your trip for distribution to your guests.
- Communicate with your group. Remind them to read our trip details and submit their guest forms well in advance.
- Anticipate. It is one of the best things about a vacation. Read some books and plot your course with a Middle Fork map.
- Lets go! Get your feet wet. Board a raft and have fun.
Mary Papale is married to former outfitter Bob Volpert and they have three sons who are outfitters on the Kern River, Rogue River and Middle Fork of the Salmon. Their youngest, Skip Volpert, manages IRJ operations from their base in Salmon Idaho. Mary oversees reservations and will be the primary contact person for your group or charter party. She can help with logistics, menu planning, the details associated with payments and can answer any questions you have about the trip. You will enjoy working with Mary and her goal is to make sure your trip with IRJ is the vacation of a lifetime. This photo of Mary was taken at the Robert Deurloo bear statue on Main Street in Salmon, Idaho.